KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN
Flat (Bottom-Up) Regular length Straight Pullover with Folded Band
Saddle shoulder with Full length Moderate Taper sleeves with Folded Band
Round (crew) front neck and Flat back neck with Double Band collar
Pattern File Name: Saddle Shoulder Jumper
Size: Standard Woman 36
Bramwell 4ply acrylic
Gauge (Stocking stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 26.5 sts by 34.0 rows.
Body knit by Singer KE2400 using TD7
Ribbing knit by Singer KE2400 using TD4
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): … with Moderate fit.
Chest: 38.4 Armhole: 16.2 Top Neck Opening: 6.5
Front Neck Width: 3.3
Sleeve Top: 13.1 Front Neck Depth: 3.6
Hem Width: 38.4 Sleeve Bottom: 8.1
Back Width: 14.1 Sleeve Length: 17.8
Body Length: 24.0 Hem Length: 1.8 Collar Length: 2.0
Shldr Band Wid: 2.5
Hem Length: 2.3
Note: Read ALL these instructions thoroughly BEFORE starting to knit. There may be sections where there are two shapings to work at the same time (such as necklines or waist shaping). The pattern may call for more needles than you have on your machine.
NOTE: At most, 130 needles are required to make this garment.
1. Cast on 130 sts in WY, using TD4 and open edge method. Work 6 rows, ending COR. Change to MY. Work even for 24 rows. You may wish to work a turn or picot row halfway. To complete the hem, graft the cast-on sts to the last row worked.
2. Change to TD7 and Stocking stitch, RC000. Work 120 rows. COR.
3. Armhole shaping. Cast off 7 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. COR. Dec 1 st at each end of every alternate row for 20 rows. Total 142 rows with 96 sts remaining.
4. Work a further 38 rows even. COR. Total 180 rows.
5. Shoulder shaping. Cast off 8 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. Cast off 9 sts at beginning of following 4 rows. COR.
6. Work 10 rows even on remaining 44 center sts. Total 196 rows with 44 sts remaining for back of neck. Place sts on holder.
1-2 Follow steps 1 and 2 as for back. COR.
3. Armhole. Dec for armhole at both ends, as for back. Continue until 164 rows total, with 96 sts remaining.
4. Shape neck. COR. Thread center 22 sts to WY. 37 sts each side.
5. Right neck. LH needles in HP. Dec 1 st at neck edge every row 11 times, until 26 sts remain. Then work 5 row(s) even. Total 180 rows.
6. Shoulder shaping. Cast off as for back.
7. Left neck. COL. Work as for right neck, reversing shapings.
1. Cast on 56 sts in WY, using TD4 and open edge method. Work 6 rows, ending COR. Change to MY. Work even for 20 rows. You may wish to work a turn or picot row halfway. To complete the hem, graft the cast-on sts to the last row worked.
2. Change to TD7 and Stocking stitch, RC000.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of every 8th row 16 times to 88 sts (128 rows total).
4. Work even to total 136 rows. COR.
5. Shape cap. Cast off 7 sts at beg of next two rows (74 sts rem). Work 48 rows, while dec 1 st at each end of every 2nd row. Total 186 rows. COR. 26 sts remaining.
6. Saddle shoulder band. Cast off 5 sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows. Work even on remaining 16 sts for 32 more rows. Cast off remaining 16 sts loosely.
LEFT SHOULDER SEAM:
1. Sew left sleeve to front and back, and right sleeve to front only, along saddle shoulder band edges.
ROUND (CREW) FRONT NECK DOUBLE BAND COLLAR:
1. Bring out 122 needles to HP. With wrong side of work facing, rehang 44 sts from back neck holder, 8 sts from left shoulder band, 20 sts from left front neck edge, 22 sts from front neck holder, 20 sts from right front neck edge, and 8 sts from right shoulder band. Hang weights. Push needles to FWP, latches open. Use TD4 with COR.
2. Work 20 rows. Convert to 1×1 rib. Cast off loosely.
3. Finishing. Sew remaining shoulder seam. Fold collar band to the inside, and stitch in place to the neckline.
1. Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams. Sew any remaining seams.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
Pattern designed by: Susan
with KNITWARE DESIGN (Version 2.50.2) from Morningdew Consulting Services Ltd
ph: (250)652-4097 fax: (250)652-5285 web: http://www.knitware.ca email: firstname.lastname@example.org