>I thought I would have another go at making circular knit socks on the Bond ribber. I wish I hadn’t bothered. My first attempt was way too big. It was my own fault though, I was supposed to have 32 stitches – 16 on the main bed and 16 on the ribber bed. It wasn’t until I was almost finished the sock that I realised I had 64 stitches – 32 on each bed. You would have thought I’d have realised it wasn’t right by the size of the thing as I was knitting it. I can’t believe how stupid I am at times.
So I had another try and completed a sock. I tried it on and it’s too tight. I’ve given up. I’m not going to try circular knit socks again for a long, long time. I’m going to pull it all out and re-knit it flat then seam it. I didn’t want any seams in it but now I don’t care any more.
The good news is that I’ve finished knitting all the bits of the Patons Totem sweater so it just needs sewing up now – I’ll try and get that done tomorrow.
The felted bag is finished:
Diane asked me about the scarf that my washing machine ate. Well, I made it using this:
It’s a mechanical French knitter – or what I used to call Knitting Nancy when I was a kid. You just turn the handle and out it comes in no time at all. I didn’t design the scarf pattern myself, I got it here.
Not much else to tell you apart from I’ve finished the back of the hand knitted Patons Astro sweater and I’ve cast on the front and knitted a whole 7 rows. Oh yes, I’m really flying along with this one – not.
Talk to you later,