>I finally finished sewing up the cabled pullover:
I’ve now knitted the back, two fronts and one sleeve of the cardigan. I had a problem with the sleeve as I knew I would – I didn’t have enough brown wool so I had to add a stripe of light blue. But I didn’t have enough of that to finish the sleeve so I had to finish it off in dark blue. I made sure I kept enough of each colour to make the second sleeve. It does look a bit strange with the different colours but it doesn’t matter. I’ll probably get it finished at the weekend.
I don’t have a cross stitch update for you this week because I haven’t picked it up since I took last weeks progress picture – well there’s a surprise.
Eight Random Things
I was tagged by Vintage Amethyst to do the 8 random things about me meme, so here goes:
1) My favourite colours are blue and lilac.
2) I can’t roller skate. I tried when I was a kid but I just couldn’t do it. I can’t ice skate either. I went to Billingham ice rink a few times when I was a kid but I spent more time on my backside than I did on my feet.
3) Neither of my little fingers are straight, they are both crooked at the end. The one on my left hand is the worst:
4) I gave up smoking twenty years ago. I started smoking when I was only twelve and ended up smoking twenty a day. I didn’t intend giving up but I had a cold and a really sore throat and I tried to smoke a cigarette but I couldn’t so I just gave up.
5) I like to play chicken with people. It’s stupid really but it breaks up the boredem of walking to work and back. You know how it is – these young lasses in their late teens or early twenties who think they’re gorgeous with their boobs and arses that haven’t been taken over by gravity yet. I just like to put them in their place by making them move over for me. They don’t like it, some of them but it’s fun (and quite childish but I don’t care).
6) I don’t like feet. I think they’re horrible, ugly things. I couldn’t touch someone else’s feet. I definitely couldn’t work in a shoe shop.
7) I love the song ‘Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep’ by Middle Of The Road. I suppose it’s a bit like Marmite – you either love it or you hate it.
8) I don’t like being tagged for memes!
I’m now supposed to tag eight people to do this but I’m just going to tag everyone who hasn’t done it – mainly because I don’t really know who to tag. So if you haven’t done it yet, you’re tagged.
Talk to you later,