>Today I had a go at Double Jacquard. I’ve been intending to try this since I bought the colour changer ages ago but I just never got round to it.
My first attempt turned out with stripes on the front and the back – no pattern. I couldn’t understand it because I’d followed the instructions in the manual to the letter.
I had another go and changed the settings on the carriage. Obviously I didn’t set it right because the work just dropped off the needles.
Then I remembered that I had another instruction book so I got that out and found that the main carriage should have been set to ‘slip’, this wasn’t mentioned in the first instruction book.
Anyway, I set the carriage up, cast on for full needle rib and put a punchcard in. I had bought these ribber punchcards off ebay and this was the first time I’d used them.
These are the results:
It worked! I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to try this and it actually worked. I was a bit worried that the punchcard problems I’ve been having lately would give me some problems but nothing went wrong.
Here are some more:
This is what the back looks like:
I’m really chuffed with myself for getting it to work with no shouting and swearing.
You need specially punched cards for the double jacquard but I decided to try a normal card just to see what would happen:
What I really should have done today was to finish the fair isle sweater or even finish sewing up the stripey sweater but no, I had to mess about with more punchcards instead.
Talk to you later,