>As promised, here is the finished leftover sweater:
I did a cut and sew neckline but I didn’t do the front quite deep enough. I think I might have to buy some proper templates so I can make a better job of future necklines. I did try to make a template by putting a sheet of paper inside one of my jumpers and drawing around the neckline but of course there was already a neckband sewn on so the size wasn’t quite right. However, as this jumper won’t be worn in public apart from in the back garden or under a coat it doesn’t really matter how bad it looks.
This afternoon I knitted the back of the mesh knit cardigan. It was quite time consuming as you have to move the P cariage from left to right on the ribber bed, knit one row, move the P carriage from right to left on the ribber bed, knit one row then move the P carriage from right to left on the main bed. These steps are repeated all the way through. I did have a nasty moment when I lost concentration for a moment and moved the P carriage to the right on the ribber bed and without thinking started to move it back to the left. Of course the knitting started falling off the needles but I stopped before I’d lost more than about twenty stitches. I quickly took all the weights off and got the stitches back onto the needles before it started to ladder. I had to re-knit a few stitches but it all worked out OK which was just as well as I’d reached the armhole shaping and didn’t fancy having to start all over again.
Here’s a closer view of the pattern:
Talk to you later,