>Yesterday I finished knitting the front of the fair isle sweater, I’m doing a cut and sew neck. You know when you start something that seems like a good idea at the time but then you wish you hadn’t? Well that’s how I felt by the time I’d got this off the machine:
There were just too many colour changes – I’ve spared you the sight of all the ends that need sewing in by hiding them under the finished piece for the photograph. I’ve decided that the back and sleeves of this sweater are going to be plain.
I’ll knit the back in beige and hopefully I’ll have enough beige wool left for the sleeves as well. If there isn’t enough beige I’ll do the sleeves in the yellow. I still don’t know if this will end up as another gardening sweater (in other words too ugly to be worn in public) or whether I’ll manage to pull it off and make it look OK.
Here’s a close-up of the fair isle pattern:
Now I need to make a tension swatch in the beige wool so that I can knit the back and (hopefully) the sleeves.
I’ll post the updates as and when they happen.
Talk to you later,