>Some years ago, I don’t know how many – 15 or 20, I went through all my Bond magazines looking for the various stitches and techniques that had been featured. I wrote them all down and put them in a ring binder.
I then knitted small samples of each of them just to see what they looked like when they had been knitted up.
A while back I re-discovered my biscuit tin full of samples. Luckily I had put a sticky label onto each one of them so I’d know which set of instructions to follow from my ring binder.
Last night I pinned each sample to the appropriate page and ended up with this:
I thought I might go through them all one by one and feature them here on my blog. Some will need to be re-knitted (my fault, they’re all knitted in acrylic and I ironed them all flat – not recommended on cabled knitting) but some of them are still OK.
So that’s what I intend to do for my next few blog posts. I would have featured the first one this evening but the light isn’t very good for me to take any decent photos so I’ll wait until there’s some daylight.
Some of the stitches will probably be do-able on other machines apart from the Bond but I’ve yet to try them on my standard gauge yet so I couldn’t say for certain.
Talk to you later,