>So I guess I’ll Be Making Dishcloths

>This afternoon I decided to have another go at knitting the front of the tank top.

I had a change of plan on how I was going to do it and decided I would change the main colour to the orange and use the purple for the motif, that way I definitely wouldn’t run out of yarn.

I followed Cerita’s advice and made sure I pushed the contrast yarn right back under the yarn seperator at the beginning of each row. It worked – I never had any problems at all.

That was until I started shaping the armholes. I had positioned the motif in the wrong place. The idea was that the motif went all the way up the side right up to the shoulder. I didn’t plan on having to lose any of it when I decreased for the armholes.

I was sure I’d worked it out right but apparently I hadn’t.

So once again I took it off the machine.

Pullover Front

I’m not too happy with the join between the motif and the main yarn, I think that’s something I’ll have to work on for future projects:

Motif Close Up

So that’s the end of the tank top – I don’t think I’ll be having another go at knitting it.

I guess I’ll be making cotton dishcloths.

Talk to you later,

Susan.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in machine knitting. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to >So I guess I’ll Be Making Dishcloths

  1. Joan says:

    >Well, at least you've ultimately conquered the single motif problem!

  2. Susan says:

    >That's true!

  3. Cerita says:

    >Yah! Great news Susan! Even if you are now going to making dishcloths. 🙂

  4. Susan says:

    >Thanks for your help, Cerita.

Comments are closed.