The sleeves were knitted in vintage Ladyship Renown 4 ply.
Both are 100% wool.
The tension readings were taken from the Jaeger Dappelwul, luckily the Ladyship Renown knitted up near enough the same.
Here is the pattern created with Knitware:
KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN
Flat (Bottom-Up) Regular length Straight Pullover with Ribbing
Raglan shoulder with Short Moderate Taper sleeves with Ribbing
Round (crew) front neck and Shallow back neck with Single Band collar
Pattern File Name: Short Sleeved Raglan Jumper
Size: Standard Woman 36
Jaeger Dappelwul; Brown; Wool; Handwash
Gauge (Stocking Stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 34.5 sts by 47.0 rows.
Body knit by Knitmaster 700 using TD6
Ribbing knit by Knitmaster 700 using TD3
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): … with Moderate fit.
Chest: 38.4 Armhole: 17.4 Top Neck Opening: 6.5
Hem Width: 11.8 Front Neck Width: 3.3
Sleeve Top: 13.1 Front Neck Depth: 3.6
Hem Width: 38.4 Sleeve Bottom: 11.8 Back Neck Width: 5.5
Sleeve Length: 5.0 Back Neck Depth: 0.5
Body Length: 23.0 Hem Length: 1.0 Collar Length: 1.0
Hem Length: 2.5
Note: Read ALL these instructions thoroughly BEFORE starting to knit. There may be sections where there are two shapings to work at the same time (such as necklines or waist shaping). The pattern may call for more needles than you have on your machine.
NOTE: At most, 168 needles are required to make the body of this garment; but the collar/hood needs 176 needles.
1. Cast on 168 sts in MY, using TD3 and closed edge method. Work in 1×1 rib for 34 rows. COR.
2. Change to TD6 and Stocking Stitch, RC000. Work 138 rows. COR.
3. Armhole shaping. Cast off 9 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. COR.
4. Raglan shaping. Dec 1 st at armhole end(s) of every 3rd row 12 times, then dec 1 st at armhole end(s) of every 2nd row 33 times. Continue until 236 rows total, with 66 sts remaining. Then shape neckline as follows, continuing raglan shaping AT THE SAME TIME.
5. Shape neck. COR. Thread center 48 sts to WY. 9 sts each side.
6. Right neck. LH needles in HP. Continue armhole shaping. Dec 1 st at neck edge every row 4 times, until 2 sts remain.
7. Work 2 rows even at neckline, continuing shaping at armhole. Total 242 rows. Cast off remaining 2 sts.
8. Left neck. COL. Work as for right neck, reversing shapings.
1-2 Follow steps 1 and 2 as for back. COR.
3. Armhole. Dec for armhole at both ends, as for back. Continue until 198 rows total, with 104 sts remaining. Then shape neckline as follows, continuing raglan shaping AT THE SAME TIME.
4. Shape neck. COR. Thread center 28 sts to WY. 38 sts each side.
5. Right neck. LH needles in HP. Continue armhole shaping. Dec 1 st at neck edge every row 14 times, until 16 sts remain.
6. Work 30 rows even at neckline, continuing shaping at armhole. Total 242 rows. Cast off remaining 2 sts.
7. Left neck. COL. Work as for right neck, reversing shapings.
1. Cast on 104 sts in MY, using TD3 and closed edge method. Work in 1×1 rib for 14 rows. COR.
2. Change to TD6 and Stocking Stitch, RC000.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of every 8th row 5 times to 114 sts (40 rows total).
4. Work even to total 48 rows. COR.
5. Shape cap. Cast off 9 sts at beg of next two rows (96 sts rem). Dec 1 st at each end of every 3rd row 14 times, then dec 1 st at each end of every 2nd row 30 times. Total 152 rows. COR. Cast off remaining 8 sts loosely.
LEFT SHOULDER SEAM:
1. Sew left sleeve to front and back, and right sleeve to front only, along raglan armhole seams.
ROUND (CREW) FRONT NECK SINGLE BAND COLLAR:
1. Bring out 176 needles to HP. With wrong side of work facing, rehang 6 sts from right back neck edge, 48 sts from back neck holder, 6 sts from left back neck edge, 6 sts from left sleeve, 38 sts from left front neck edge, 28 sts from front neck holder, 38 sts from right front neck edge, and 6 sts from right sleeve. Hang weights. Push needles to FWP, latches open. Use TD3 with COR.
2. Work 14 rows. Convert to 1×1 rib. Cast off loosely.
1. Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams. Sew any remaining seams.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
Pattern designed by: DEMO DEFAULTS
with KNITWARE DESIGN (Demonstration Version 2.50.2) from Morningdew Consulting Services Ltd
ph: (250)652-4097 fax: (250)652-5285 web: http://www.knitware.ca email: email@example.com