>Alright, that’s it. I’ve had enough of this cardi now, I’m not playing anymore – I’ve spat my dummy out.
I sewed the new bands on, washed it again and it’s still not right.
I’m giving it one last chance before I throw all the toys out of the pram as well.
I will try and do horizontal bands instead. When I originally created the pattern with Knitware it had horizontal bands but it said I needed 231 needles which I don’t have. That’s why I did the bands vertically and sewed them on.
I think I’ll try doing the back neck seperate then the two fronts instead of working the fronts then halfway along the back neck like the original pattern said. I might just get away with that.
I have lost interest in it completely now so it’s going to take a big effort to undo the bands and start them again. I’m definitely not happy.
I already know what I’m making next. I found this in an 80s Modern Knitting magazine:
Then I discovered it was for electronic machines and the pattern was only 18 stitches wide. So I fiddled about with it to make it fit on a punchcard and ended up with this:
I did think about using the plain side:
Anyway, I’ve got my row and stitch numbers so all I need to do now is decide how I want the jumper to look. No doubt it will be a crew neck with set in sleeves as that’s what I usually end up making.
One thing’s for certain though, it will not be a cardigan. I don’t want to see another cardigan for a long time apart from the one that’s on it’s final warning.
Talk to you later,