I had some leftover Richard Poppleton Rimini that I wanted to use up. There wasn’t enough to knit a jumper so the best I could come up with was this which I knitted on the Bond:
It was very simple to knit, the back and front being the same. There isn’t any edging around the neckline or armholes – there just wasn’t enough yarn. I hadn’t intended putting an edging on the bottom, I had done a closed edge cast on and was going to leave it as it was. However, after I’d washed it although it wasn’t curling up it was flaring out a bit so I did a couple of rows of double crochet (UK) to bring it in a bit. I only just had enough yarn to do the crochet and I finished it with inches to spare.
The only thing I’m concerned about is that the jumper I made with this yarn tends to grow throughout the day the longer I wear it. That wouldn’t be too much of a problem but the armholes on this vest are quite deep to start with – I don’t want them to end up down to my waist! That’s a slight exaggeration but you get the idea. Then again I might be glad of the extra ventilation if we get a really hot Summer this year – yeah, dream on.