Knitted on the Silver Reed SK280 (standard gauge).
KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN
Flat (Bottom-Up) Regular length Straight Pullover with Ribbing
Drop shoulder with Full length Moderate Taper sleeves with Ribbing
Round (crew) front neck and Flat back neck with Shaped Hood
Pattern File Name: Hooded Jumper
Size: Standard Woman 36
Date started: 05/06/2011
Sirdar Click; DK
Gauge (Stocking stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 25.0 sts by 37.0 rows.
Body knit by Knitmaster using TD9
Ribbing knit by Knitmaster using TD6
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): … with Moderate fit.
Chest: 38.4 Armhole: 17.4 Top Neck Opening: 6.0
Hem Width: 8.1 Front Neck Width: 3.0
Front Neck Depth: 3.2
Hem Width: 38.4 Sleeve Bottom: 8.1
Sleeve Length: 16.8
Body Length: 23.0 Hem Length: 2.0 Hood Length: 10.3
Hood Depth: 8.0
Hem Length: 2.5
Note: Read ALL these instructions thoroughly BEFORE starting to knit. There may be sections where there are two shapings to work at the same time (such as necklines or waist shaping). The pattern may call for more needles than you have on your machine.
NOTE: At most, 122 needles are required to make the body of this garment; but the collar/hood needs 168 needles.
1. Cast on 122 sts in MY, using TD6 and closed edge method. Work in 1×1 rib for 26 rows. COR.
2. Change to TD9 and Stocking stitch, RC000. Work 108 rows.
3. Mark this row at both ends for armhole.
4. Work 82 more rows. Total 190 rows.
5. Back neck. Cast off center 38 sts. 42 sts each side. Knit 6 rows with WY.
1-2 Follow steps 1 and 2 as for back. COR.
3. Armhole. Mark this row at both ends for armhole. Work 52 rows ( 160 rows total).
4. Shape neck. COR. Cast off center 18 sts. 52 sts each side.
5. Right neck. LH needles in HP. Dec 1 st at neck edge every row 10 times, until 42 sts remain. Work 20 rows even. Total 190 rows.
6. Cut yarn, leaving a 39.0 ins end. Work 6 rows WY. Place sts in HP.
7. Left neck. COL. Work as for right neck, reversing shapings.
1. Cast on 52 sts in MY, using TD6 and closed edge method. Work in 1×1 rib for 22 rows. COR.
2. Change to TD9 and Stocking stitch, RC000.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of every 4th row 11 times, then every 5th row 18 times to 110 sts (134 rows total).
4. Work even to total 138 rows. COR.
5. Cast off loosely.
1. Graft shoulder seams on 42 sts.
1. Cast on 168 sts in WY, using TD6 and open edge method. Work 6 rows, ending COR. Change to MY.
2. Folded front band. Work even for 20 rows, with lace holes for drawstring near the ends of row 5 (or row 15 for lace holes on outside of band). To complete the band, graft the cast-on sts to the last row worked. RC 000.
3. Change to TD9 with Stocking stitchand work 3 rows. Dec 1 st at each end of next row, then every following 3rd row 19 times, until 128 sts remain. Work a further 3 rows even (total 64 rows), excluding front band.
4. Cast off 48 sts at beg of next 2 rows. Work even on remaining 32 sts for 72 rows, total 138 rows, excluding front band. Cast off loosely.
1. Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams. Sew back seam(s) of hood. Placing hood bands at center front, sew bottom of hood (including bands) to neckline. Thread a drawstring if required.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
Pattern designed by: Susan
with KNITWARE DESIGN (Version 2.50.2) from Morningdew Consulting Services Ltd