I think I might have finally got this jumper figured out. I tried doing tuck stitch bands instead of ribbing but it didn’t look right so I tried the ribbing again only this time I did it at a looser tension so it wouldn’t pull in as much. I also made the panels a different size so that where they join is more or less at the waistline so if it does pull in a little it will look as if it’s supposed to be shaped.
Here’s how it looks so far:
I think it looks much better than before. I still need to knit some more panels in different colours so I can get a better idea if it will work how I want it to or not. Then there’ll be all the buttons to sew on – I’m really looking forward to that part.
Talk to you later,