Swatching On The Bond Ribber
Yesterday I packed away the SK280 and set up the dreaded Bond Ribber. I say dreaded because every time I try to set it up and use it I have problems with it. It has caused me so much grief in the past that I nicknamed it Beelzebub.
Yesterday, unbelievably, it behaved itself impeccably. There was no shouting, swearing or throwing things across the room. All was calm and relaxed.
I had one ball of DK so I decided to try out a few of the stitches from the instruction book and pattern book. The yarn was flecked and did not photograph very well but here are the swatches I managed to knit:
The last one isn’t in either of the Bond Ribber books, it’s just one I tried out to see if it would work.
All of the rib patterns involve a lot of transfers between beds so they are a bit slow. Having said that, I can knit them a lot faster on the machine than I could ever hope to knit them by hand. I am hopelessly slow at hand knitting, which is why I started machine knitting in the first place.
I am hoping to eventually knit a jumper on the Bond Ribber but unfortunately I can’t afford to buy any yarn at the moment. If I ever manage to find myself a job and start earning again that will be one of the first things I spend my wages on!
Talk to you later,