The Toyota ribber I bought arrived a few days ago and I have cleaned the needles and refurbished the sponge bar. Today I attached it to the 787 and tested it out. I am pleased to report that there are no problems with it as far as I can tell.
I tried out a couple of rib stitches then went onto full needle rib. I was using 4ply and struggled to push the carriage. I really should have used a thinner yarn so I can’t blame the machine for that. Then I inserted a punchcard to do a rib pattern, still using 4ply and still doing full needle rib. That was too much for it and it jammed so I called it a day. I will try it again some time with a thinner yarn and maybe using more weight.