I’ve knitted two tops on the Toyota 787 and although I’m really pleased with how the machine knits I’m quite disappointed with the finished tops.
The first one is in a fine textured yarn (no label) which knitted up OK. I didn’t put a neckband on it as I thought it would look alright without one. It fits me alright when I first put it on but it gradually gets bigger and bigger the longer I wear it and ends up like a sack! It’s a loose fit to start with so you can imagine what it’s like by the end of the day. I’ve been wearing it around the house which is about all that it’s good for.
The second one is quite a loose fit too but it would have been OK if I hadn’t messed it up when I was sewing it up. I decided to sew the sleeves in using the sewing machine and made a bit of a mess of it. Also I managed to make a bad job of the neckband. So that’s another one for wearing around the house. Still, I did get to knit a motif which was much easier than on the Silver Reed as you don’t need to screw anything onto the carriage or put anything onto the needlebed.
Here’s one of the sleeves that I made such a mess of
I am currently making a cut and sew top using the same green yarn that I used for the sideways knitted cardi a few weeks ago. I need to sew the sleeves in and do a neckband, I hope I can do a better job of them this time!