Here are the latest items I’ve knitted. The first one is just a plain, short sleeved top which I knitted on the Toyota 787 using Marriner 4ply acrylic.
I used the schematics from a free pattern site but forgot to make a note of which one so unfortunately I can’t link to it. The front and back are the same, each knitted in one piece by increasing for the sleeves. It looks a bit odd in the above photo so here it is again laid flat on the floor:
The second one was knitted on the Singer KE2400 using a cone of Bramwell 4ply acrylic which I found in the Oxfam charity shop for £3.99.
I created the pattern using Knitware. It has saddle shoulders which confused me a bit when I was putting it together as the instructions were a little vague but I figured it out in the end.
The third one was also knitted on the Singer KE2400 using the same pattern instructions as for the previous one and leftovers of Marriner and Bramwell 4ply. I didn’t knit a tension swatch for it, just followed the pattern and hoped for the best. Fortunately it knitted up OK and fits me perfectly.
I changed it slightly by knitting twice as many rows for the mock rib hems to make them a bit deeper. I decided to stop the fair isle pattern when I reached the neck shaping because I couldn’t be bothered faffing about trying to figure out how to make the pattern match when shaping the second side of the neck. I’ve never done that on this machine and didn’t want to mess it up on my first attempt. I could have done a cut and sew neckline but decided just to use the lilac and knit it plain. The back of the jumper is plain lilac. I wish I’d had enough of the lilac left for the sleeves but as I said, I was using up the leftovers so had to make do with the grey. I think it turned out alright though, I don’t think the colours clash.
I will put the Knitware pattern for the saddle shoulder jumper in my next post but it is only written in one size (as all of my patterns are ) so if you’re not a size 36″ bust it will be of no use to you. However, if you are a Knitware user you can use your own measurements and tension readings to re-create the pattern using the same style elements that I used.
Talk to you later,